- Viewing and Assigning Assessments
Assessments are assessment templates which have been assigned to one or more members of staff. You can only view assessments if you have the appropriate permissions and only within your OU scope.
All assessments can be viewed, whether past or pending.
There are two paths to find an assessment - in the Competency area or in the Staff Profiles, by individuals:
Search in Competency
To view any assigned assessments, click Competency > Assessments > List Assessments. There are 7 available search filters to help locate any record, in addition to the free text Search field. Two of them are hidden by default to provide more screen space below and they can be revealed by clicking the Advanced Search bar under the 5 main filters. The bar toggles between v Advanced Search and ^ Hide Advanced Search.
The search facility items are:
- Search field
You can type the name of the assessment or a candidate in this field. Partial entries will start filtering down the search.
- ‘Blank’ - all statuses
- Current Attempts
- Not started
- Previous Attempts
When a user has taken the same assessment version more than once, the default will be to only show the latest attempt (Current Attempts).
When a test has expired because it was re-assigned or it was taken again (more than one attempt), the Status column will show whether the expired instance was passed or failed.
A dropdown menu offers a list of candidates. You can jump to the candidate by typing the first few letters of their name.
A dropdown menu offers a list of nominated assessors for assigned assessments.
- Organisational Unit (OU)
You can leave blank to search all OUs or select one from the list, sorted alphabetically. Only OUs that the user has permission to view assessments in, will be revealed. You can also type the first few letters to jump to the desired OU.
- Order Results By
- Date Assigned (Z-A)
- Date Assigned (A-Z)
- Candidate Name (A-Z)
- Candidate Name (Z-A)
- Status (A-Z)
- Status (Z-A)
A dropdown menu offers a list of categories used in assigned assessments.
A dropdown menu offers the choice of Assigned or Completed, to be used together with the following date fields.
- is after
A start date can be selected from the pop up calendar.
- is before
An end date can be selected from the pop up calendar to define a search range.
Search in Staff Profiles
To view a staff member’s assessments, follow these steps:
- Personnel Management > Staff Profiles > Search Staff
- Find the user, open their staff profile by clicking their row in the search results
- Click the Assessments tab to view that staff member’s assessments.
- If you are an eligible assessor, any pending assessments that you can perform will have a Perform Assessment button in the Actions column.
- In both areas, assessments can be selected (by ticking the checkbox next to them, or in bulk by ticking the checkbox on the top) and deleted by clicking Delete Assessment.
- Results can be exported in CSV format by clicking Export Results.
Assessments can be assigned by staff who have the right permissions and OU scope.
There are two locations from where this can be done:
- To assign assessments from an open published assessment template:
- Select Assign Assessments from the Actions menu
- Click Go
- Select the Assessment Template (only one assessment template should be listed in this selection filter)
- To assign assessments from the Assign Assessment(s) tab (** MULTIPLE ASSESSMENTS CAN BE ASSIGNED **):
- Go to Competency > Assessments > Assign Assessment(s) or click the plus [+] sign by Assessments
- Locate Assessment Templates by scrolling down the list or entering (even partially) the name of the template in the filter provided; click anywhere in the row of the template to select it
Then, in both cases:
- A Title can be entered when one assessment is assigned; when multiple assessments are assigned, the system pre-populates the field with the message,“Multiple templates have been selected, the templates’ name will be used” (when the assessment assignments are notified)
- Add candidates -
- by selecting individuals from the Create Assessment for Staff Member(s) selection filter, or
- by selecting distribution lists from the Create Assessment for Distribution List(s) selection filter
- Select a Due Date by clicking inside the text box and choosing a date (in the future) from the calendar tool that pops up
- Click Create Assessments
A confirmation message is displayed to inform the user of the details selected.
If an assessment has been re-assigned before it has expired (whether passed or failed), clear indication will be given in the confirmation screen.
If an assessment has already been assigned but hasn’t been performed yet, the system will not allow re-assigning it.
To learn how assessments are performed, please see, Performing Assessments